This is us.
Kräuter Mix GmbH – Passion for Plants
- Medium-sized production and trading company for herbal raw materials
- Family-owned company in the third and fourth generation
- Locations: Abtswind, Wiesentheid
- Founded 1919
- Sectors: Food, phytopharmaceuticals, tea, extracts, spirits, pet food
- Turnover 2018: 115 million Euro
- Export share 2018: 50 percent
- 420 employees
Managing partners: Christoph Mix, Bernhard Mix
Managing director: Silke Wurlitzer
Range of products:
- Dried vegetables, dried mushrooms, culinary herbs, spices, spice blends, superfoods
- Herbal raw materials, phytopharmaceutical active ingredients, medicinal herbs, medicinal teas
- Herbal and fruit teas
- Services: Germ reduction, protective treatment of stocks, raw material refinement (cleaning, cutting, grinding, mixing, hand picking), logistics, storage
Here you can find out more about our range of products.
Raw material procurement:
- Procurement on global raw materials markets from the best cultivation and collection areas
- National and international contract cultivation
- Development of sustainable supply structures
- International project work
Here you can find out more about procurement.
- Gentle raw material refinement on modern, high-performance systems
- Processes: Drying, cleaning, cutting, grinding, mixing, hand picking, germ reduction, GMP production, protective treatment of stocks
- Processing lines (separated by product groups), mixing units for powder, fine and coarse cuts, systems for powder creation (hot and cold grinding), stock protective treatment systems (PH₃, CO₂), Care-Mix germ reduction systems with saturation steam (continuous and batch processes) for all cut sizes and powder, hand picking, semi-automatic filling system (block bottom bags, cans), fully automatic packing lines (tubular bags)
Here you can find out more about production.
- Instrumental analyses
- Physico-chemical analyses
- Pharmacopoeia analyses
- Sensory analyses
Here you can find out more about our laboratory.
- FSSC 22000
- Production authorization for medicinal products
- Animal Feed registration (EC Regulation 183/2005)
- GMP+ B1
- Eco (EC Regulation 834/2007; DE-ÖKO-001)
- Kosher (parve)
- Halal (683687-DE-8102)
- EMAS (incl. ISO 14001)
- SMETA 4 Pillars Audit (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit)
- UTZ Chain of Custody Standard
- FDA Facility Registration (Nr. 12763528862)
Here you can find out more about our certifications.