Kräuter Mix is awarded the EMAS certificate once again
Kräuter Mix has held the EMAS environmental certificate since 2015. EMAS stands for ‘Eco-Management and Audit Scheme’ and is the world’s most demanding framework for sustainable, exemplary environmental management. This award, developed by the European Union, allows this international, family-owned company to document its efforts to go above and beyond the legal requirements to protect the environment, continually improve its environmental achievements and regularly provide information on this in an environmental statement. All this is managed by the in-house EMAS team (pictured). In 2021, Kräuter Mix successfully passed its main audit conducted by an independent environmental consultant.
Companies that hold the EMAS certificate, which also includes ISO 14001, must undergo a main audit every three years, for which they must submit a comprehensive environmental statement with sustainability goals. In the years where there is no main audit, an interim audit is carried out, which involves submitting an updated environmental statement.
These are Kräuter Mix’s objectives for 2021/2022:
HR and communications
- Integrate sustainability and environmental protection into training
- Introduce a digital training and learning system
- Utilize trainees as energy scouts
- Encourage healthy and environmentally friendly ways to get to work
- Increase digital internal communications
- Continue expanding the use of digital marketing materials
- Expand supplier qualification to include social and environmental aspects in supply chains
- Collaborate in the creation of a social standard for wild collection
- Develop alternative European sources for procuring spices
- Reduce energy usage when commissioning an additional germ reduction plant
- Create an energy policy for the Abtswind site
For further information on Kräuter Mix’s main environmental measures, KPIs and objectives, please see the 2021 environmental statement (in German).